Career coaching at MLFTC can help you explore and achieve your educator career goals.
Our career coaches are available to assist you in making informed decisions regarding your education degree and experiences with the goal of long-term success. MLFTC career coaches offer assistance with resume building, interview techniques, part-time jobs, full-time jobs, internships, networking, professional development and more.
Your career coach
Related links and resources
- Resume resources
- Sample resumes: Sample 1, Sample 2, On campus jobs cover letter, Paid student teaching cover letter, Teacher cover letter
- Crafting your Application for Teaching Positions
- Interviewing handouts
- How to Ace your Next Teaching Interview
- Learn about informational interviews
- Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation job board
- Department of Education hosted job board
- Higher education job postings
- ASU student jobs
Networking and more
Teaching in Arizona
Frequently asked questions
The goal of the MLFTC career coach is to help you achieve your short and long-term career goals. Appointments can be made for one-on-one sessions, in addition to group presentations and workshops.
When you schedule your career coaching appointment, let us know what you’d like to work on. Then, during our session, we can offer follow up resources to help you continue the work and meet your goals. Follow up sessions are scheduled as needed.
- Career exploration
- Interviewing preparation
- Professional development
- Job search strategies
- Educational career pathway options
- Officially changing your major: Your academic advisor can help you with completing a major change and tracking your path to graduation. The career coach can help you with the exploration process and work closely with the advising team to assist during the change.
- Internship or residency placement: The Office of Professional Experiences within the college is the expert on all internship and residency placements as they work daily with our partners to bring the best opportunities for our students.
Yes. Education happens everywhere and our students can prepare themselves for countless job opportunities. Meet with the career coach to discuss your interests and options.
Check out this Educational Career pathways document.
Visit TeachInAZ.com or Handshake for information on upcoming statewide fairs. Schools change and add fairs frequently. Check school district websites for the latest information.
Salaries vary for a number of reasons, including experience and location. Learn more about teacher salaries in Arizona.
View current salary data for public school districts in Maricopa county.
I wanted to get a better understanding of what I wanted my future career to look like, so I made an appointment with MLFTC’s career coach. She asked thoughtful questions and strategized with me to create actionable and realistic goals. Working with her gave me peace of mind and excitement for my career path.Michael Harris (BAE '18)