Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College recognizes exceptional undergraduate students through participation in our Educators Academy. Members have a record of high academic achievement with a conviction that they can change the world through knowledge, persistence and commitment.
Benefits and opportunities of the Educators Academy include:
- Invitations and VIP access to special events
- Networking with university, community and school district leaders
- Involvement in faculty research
- Access to professional conferences
- Leadership seminars and training
- Increased scholarship options
- Access to Teachers College student lounge
- Monthly coffee chats
Eligibility requirements for the Educators Academy are:
- All incoming students who receive a Provost or President New American University Scholarship OR transfer students who have earned a minimum 3.75 GPA, OR
- Students participating in Barrett, The Honors College.
2015-2016 Educator Academy Mentors
My professional goals include becoming a teacher in high school, eventually receiving my MA (possibly in bilingual education).
I am the office assistant/communications coordinator of Project Humanities and the president of their student initiative ASUPHS'I (Arizona State University Project Humanities Students' Initiative). I am also a member of WOW Factor, a subdivision of the Respect movement on campus; SunDABT (Sun Devils Are Better Together); and SDWP (Sun Devils Wear Prada). I attend HOPE Christian Church. Basically, I'm really involved on campus and go to most of the major sporting events and other events.
The thing I enjoy the most at Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College is the sense of community. Everyone is so inviting and very passionate about what they do or are working towards. It's a comfortable feeling, and it makes me feel proud to be a future educator who will graduate from ASU.
My future plans include having my own classroom and teaching kids every day. I’m involved in Chi Omega, I am the Reach2Teach President for our Teachers College Council, and I’m a Barrett student.
I love that Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College has a small, welcoming community! The class sizes are perfect for getting to know your peers and professors. Also, all of the faculty are great at engaging with students, they clearly love what they do, and they want us to love it, too. I also loved attending Camp Teach as a freshman.