The Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College recognizes exceptional undergraduate students through participation in the Educators Academy. Members of this prestigious Educators Academy have a record of high academic achievement with a conviction that they can change the world through knowledge, persistence and commitment.
Benefits and opportunities of the Educators Academy include:
- Invitations and VIP access to special events
- Networking with university, community and school district leaders
- Involvement in faculty research
- Access to professional conferences
- Leadership seminars and training
- Increased scholarship options
- Access to Teachers College student lounge
- Monthly coffee chats
Eligibility requirements for the Educators Academy are:
- All incoming students who receive a Provost or President New American University Scholarship OR transfer students who have earned a minimum 3.75 GPA, OR
- Students participating in Barrett, The Honors College.
2014-2015 Educator Academy Mentors
I am an Elementary Education STEM (focus: math) major, hoping to eventually teach 5th or 6th grade. I love to read books, watch Netflix, and grow plants! I am also a part of Omega Phi Alpha, a national service sorority here on campus.
I am a sophomore studying Elementary Education - Bilingual/English as a Second Language. I am the current President of Reach2Teach, a professional development student organization, and appreciate the many opportunities to get involved within the Teachers College. I have enjoyed meeting the excellent faculty members present on campus and look forward to making even more connections this year.
I am a sophomore majoring in Secondary Education-Math. I began the iTeachAZ program a year early and absolutely love being in the classroom! Having been a part of the Educators Academy I have built such a strong relationship with one of our assistant deans (Connie Pangrazi), that we are now on a first name basis. Arizona State University is such a large place and the Teachers College makes it smaller, but being a part of this elite program I feel that I have a close-knit family community, and I would not trade that for anything!