Costa Rica Study Abroad
Each year, a group of students from Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College heads to San Jose, Costa Rica, to combine science education with a new cultural experience in this exciting study abroad program.
Participating students have the opportunity to:
- Become acquainted with the people, language and culture of Costa Rica
- Spend one week in a culture course at ASU before embarking on their two-week journey to San Jose
- Observe students at private and public bilingual and Spanish-speaking schools
- Participate in a service project at a school
- Explore Costa Rica's natural treasures, including Arenal Volcano, the rainforest canopy and more
- Earn three credits that qualify as the third Teachers College science requirement, and count toward attaining highly qualified status to teach science
- Receive one-on-one faculty attention
- Work with professional scientists, conducting lab work in a sea turtle habitat
- Create educational lessons related to the study abroad experience
This year’s study abroad group will be in San Jose from May 23 – June 7, 2015. Follow their experience on Twitter using the hashtag #ASUCostaRica.