Get your Bachelor of Arts in Education from Arizona State University — without leaving Yuma.

Request information
Apply now

Learn here. Live here. Teach here.

A partnership between ASU and Arizona Western College allows you to complete your associate degree at AWC (or transfer in a previously earned associate degree) and then pursue an ASU bachelor’s degree. Education courses are taught on-site at AWC by faculty of ASU’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College.

In addition to receiving a great education, you’ll also:

Save money

Get a significant reduction on ASU’s tuition rate. Other forms of financial aid are available. Contact Laura Corr or 928-317-6205.

Attend online and on-site classes

Enjoy the different class options, allowing students working with the flexibility needed to graduate.

Benefit from AWC/ASU resources

Celebrate with your community

Attend orientation and graduation at the AWC campus.

Choose from two ASU degree programs in education:

Bachelor of Arts in Education (BAE) — Secondary Education

Higher ed

Earn your certification and develop the knowledge and skills to successfully teach grades 6-12. Choose from concentrations in math, science, English or history.

Bachelor of Arts in Education (BAE) — Elementary Education and Special Education

elementary ed

Earn a dual certification to educate children: Mild-Moderate Disabilities Special Education in grades K–12 and Elementary Education for grades K–8. Develop the knowledge and skills to successfully teach elementary school kids, as well as children requiring special education in any grade.

Both programs provide quality preparation through MLFTC Professional Pathways

  • ASU’s cohort model means that you start and graduate with your program peers.
  • Student teaching in teams allows you to engage in collaborative problem-solving and work with and learn from multiple experienced teachers.
  • You’ll have the support of ASU faculty throughout your coursework and your professional internships.
  • You’ll learn the habits, skills and dispositions to thrive in your career and meet the needs of learners.


Quick FAQs

How long is the program?

Two years, after you’ve transferred in your associate degree. This includes student teaching and other requirements for earning your teaching certificate.

Where is it located?

Program mixes online courses with in-person classes offered at AWC’s Yuma campus, Parker Learning Center, San Luis Learning Center or Wellton Learning Center. Student teaching takes place at local school districts.

Will my community college credits transfer to an education degree?

If you are currently enrolled at Arizona Western College, you can ensure a positive transfer experience by completing a Transfer Map (be sure to select ASU@Yuma as your location) and then sign up for the Transfer Admission Guarantee. Learn more about TAG.

“I’m working toward my degree in Secondary Education with an emphasis in Biology right here in Yuma, while benefiting from the high-quality education, internships and teaching experience of ASU’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College.” — Vanessa Varela

Request information

For immediate questions, please contact Laura Corr: or 928-317-6205.

Or submit the form below, and we will contact you about enrolling at ASU. Fields marked with * are required.