The mission of Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College is to set a new standard for teaching, discovery and innovation.
The Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College will be a constructive force in education.
- We are committed to excellence by encouraging individuals to take initiative, solve problems and demonstrate leadership.
- We support and challenge students to reflect on, realize and achieve their full potential in order to be effective as educators.
- We conduct, support and disseminate research that impacts educational thought and action.
- We build mutually beneficial partnerships that advance our mission, goals and values.
- We respect the expertise and knowledge of all individuals with whom we work and value the diversity that makes us stronger.
- We take responsibility for bringing out the best in ourselves and others by seeking resources and knowledge to continuously learn and improve our performance.
- We promote civic engagement among our students, staff and faculty that improves the communities we serve.
- We create and sustain a culture that encourages teamwork, professional growth and a healthy and productive work environment.
- We are committed to sustainability both for the enduring legacy of our college and the well-being of the planet.
Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College serves more than 5,800 students on all four ASU campuses as well as online and at School District Sites. Teachers College is known for being a friendly, collegial college, encouraging collaboration both internally and externally. Teachers College strengths lie in our community partnerships as well as our bold and innovative approaches to teacher preparation and leadership. Our undergraduate programs include early childhood, elementary and secondary education, physical education, special education and educational studies. We offer master’s degrees with certification programs for those changing their careers to teaching as well as master’s programs for professional educators. Our doctoral programs encompass both an EdD in Leadership and Innovation, designed for practicing professionals, and PhD programs that prepare future faculty as scholars and teachers. Teachers College exemplary programs, faculty, community partnerships, and technology programs are recognized nationally.